Hobbiesofmine.blog is about my hobbies and breast cancer.
In the beginning I wanted to share with you my passion of life, hobbies of all kind. I am talking about knitting, crochet, card making, weaving and so on. Then my life took a dramatically twist, because I discovered a lump in my right breast. I was diagnosed breast cancer stage 2 in January 2020. Naturally I was i shock and my blog became more about breast cancer than my hobbies. I then decided to add ” in addition” to the blog name. The anxiety was so strong I could not sleep, and I did not find any rest in my hobbies even though I have always proclaimed that my hobbies was equal to mental hygiene. But not any longer. I got projects but it doesn´t give me the same joy. At this very moment I am thinking of changing the blog name, but I am holding on to that Hobbiesofmine.blog is about my hobbies and breast cancer, mainly, and some other health issues………..
- Hot or Cold, Weather Alone Has No Significant Effect on COVID-19 SpreadAt the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, there were high hopes that hot summer temperatures could reduce its spread. Although summer didn’t bring widespread relief, the connection between the weather and COVID-19 continues to be a hot topic. The link between weather and COVID-19 is complicated. Weather influences the environment in which the coronavirus … Read more
- BCAM: October 13thMost of us who have or have had breast cancer, especially if we are older when we are diagnosed, do not have to face Stage IV. But shouldn’t more be done for those lovely young women whose cancer has spread and they have no hope or seeing their children grow up? For husbands who … Read more
- The importance of PinktoberJeg trenger ikke å fortelle deg viktigheten av Pinktober, som er en påminnelse om å sjekke brystene dine, og vær så snill å gjøre det. Men hvis Pinktober er grunnen til at du undersøker brystet ditt minst en gang i året, er det bedre enn aldri, og jeg vil si at Pinktober har oppnådd … Read more
- The Color of CancerStrong reading from Iliene<3 For this the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness month, we the stage four terminally ill are allotted one whole day, October 13th. I was diagnosed de novo (from the beginning), as my genetics, dense breasts, and missed diagnoses led me to my prison cell on death row on March 25th, … Read more
- National suicide prevention monthSeptember is world national suicide prevention month, and today is worl suicide prevention day! I’ve been suicidal many, many times. If you feel suicidal right now, please know your not alone. If you feel like your unable to go on, there is help out there. There are phone lines, crisis lines, suicide hotlines, and … Read more
- My super motivational Fitbit watchMy previous post was pretty anxious and depressive. I wrote Trying to escape my cancer thoughts. To sum it up I was really shaken after Kate Preston`s death, and I spent most of my time running away from my feelings. I was grieving in a way even though I didn’t know her. My walking … Read more
- Trying to escape my cancer thoughtsI am very sad to day. I woke up this morning full of plans for the day. After scrolling the newspapers on the Internet I discovered that Kelly Preston is diseased after a two years struggle against breast cancer. I met my own fear with anxiety and I could not sit still. All my … Read more